Friday, June 22, 2018

you came back

In the end it's all about letting go and forgiveness.

For over a year, I accepted that we probably were never going to be friends again. I let that become my reality because I had moved into a new relationship and you were stuck in your same old toxic loveless one. I thought that since we were set on two different trajectories, we weren't ever going to cross paths in a friendship ever again. And I was ok with that. Because it had been well over a year and I had finally let that sink in.

But then you came back to me. You reminded me of, dare I say it? Comfort. I hate that of all the people, you brought that upon me the most. I hate that I can truly be myself with you because I should be able to have that with other people who are closer to me in my life. But why of all people, you?

I think deep deep down, a little piece of me was hopeful that you and I could become something. Even though I know now more than ever that it's not possible. It's not possible because we are so similar yet so inherently different. We want that freedom but we also want that attachment and security to allow us to be free. And for the both of us, it's the people we've grown to know and rely on.

I need to be done with you. 100% done with you.